February 7, 2014

Homemade Simple Puzzles


 Here are a few easy diy homemade puzzles that are easy and fun to make....

Tongue Depressor Puzzles:
I made these really quick and easy puzzles (see picture above) for my daycare kiddos to encourage matching by shape and color. I purchased a small bag of tongue depressors from Walmart (you can also find them at most craft stores) and used colored sharpie markers I already had at home. Took me less than five minutes and the kids love putting them together over and over. I store them in a small snack size ziplock type baggie.

These next tongue depressor puzzles (pictured below) are a lot easier to make then they look. Materials needed: tongue depressors, a picture (I printed one off my computer onto regular white printer paper), modge podge (or watered down glue), scissors (or an exacto knife) and a paint brush. You will need to paint a thin layer of the glue to the back of the picture (after you cut it to size). After the glue/picture dries you will want to paint a thin layer of the glue over the top of the picture to seal it.



Block Puzzles:
The blocks I used for this puzzle project were purchased for $2.99 (prices will vary) in a six pack at Hobby Lobby. It was cheaper to buy the slightly smaller ones in a package than the bigger ones. The bigger ones cost $0.99/each. So it pays....or should I say saves....to look around.I printed six pictures (one for each side of the block) and glued them just like the tongue depressor puzzle. Remember to put a thin top coat on top so your little ones can use them over and over again. My daughter (and daycare kids) love these puzzles because they are so personal!


No comments:

Post a Comment