March 25, 2014

Audrey's 2nd Birthday: Tractor Theme

I've been asked to share pictures from Audrey's 2nd birthday...so here it goes!

Audrey chose to have a tractor theme for her 2nd birthday party. Her great-grandfather "Popo" was a farmer for many years so naturally his great-granddaughter would love tractors just like him!

Yard Sign:
We placed this sign in the ground (using a wooden stake) near the door of our venue. 
I used colored poster paper, a glue stick, scissors, and those pre-cut card stock type letters.

Homemade chocolate cupcakes with piped on yellow frosting. 
The tray with lid was purchased from Party America. It is so worth the investment (I have two!)

Homemade yellow cupcakes with piped on green frosting. 
I put a few drops of food coloring into store bought white frosting and mixed it up. Then I placed the colored icing into a piping bag with a frosting tip. Simple, easy, and cute! 

Here is a close up of the homemade cupcake toppers I used. I made them on the computer using my Word program and printed it off on thick white card stock paper. 
I then cut it out and used hot glue to glue two pieces back to back with a toothpick in the middle. 


 Party favors placed on each place setting at the tables. 
Materials used: tractor ribbon (found at Michael's Craft Store), blue and green construction paper, snack size baggies, staples/stapler, computer to print label on bottom, gummy worms (purchased from the bulk bin at Super Saver), chocolate chips, double-sided tape, glue stick, scissors 


3-D #2
Made with cardboard, scissors, tape, and green wrapping paper. 


Water bottles (from Sam's Club) with homemade labels



Homemade cake
I used a white box cake mix and food coloring .... followed the directions on the box then evenly split the batter into two bowls. I added yellow food coloring to one bowl and green food coloring to the other bowl. I baked the layers separately (in two different round pans) then let them cool. Once completely cooled I cut the cakes in half horizontally. Then stacked them on top of each other alternating layers and added white frosting in between each layer. I then completely covered the sides and top with white frosting. Next I cut the #2 out of white paper and placed it on top then added my cake sprinkles. Lastly, I removed the paper #2 and stood back to enjoy!



We also served:
*Green punch 
* Chocolate Wagon Wheels: store bought mini chocolate donuts
* Haystacks: Homemade Rice Krispie Bars
* Yellow and Green colored candies

The guest book sign in table had:
* 2 haystacks
* Toy tractors
* A John Deere book that everyone signed 

 Table Decorations:
* Green table cloths (Dollar Tree)
* Yellow streamer (Party America)
* Clay Bee Pots with flowers (painted by my mother)

Here is my adorable daughter with green and yellow balloons (from Party America). 
The balloons were on the food/serving table.

No comments:

Post a Comment