March 25, 2014

"Drink" Birthday Cakes

This does not have anything to do with my kids or the daycare but I had a blast making it and even more fun seeing the reactions of others that I thought I'd share it....

Both of my parents turned 60 this past year...so my siblings and I decided we should do something really different, fun, and unique. This is what we came up with....Drink Cakes!

Here is my mother's cake:


Materials used:
* Bottled/canned drinks (water, tea, and Diet Dr. Pepper)
* Two different size metal pizza trays (bottom and middle)
* A metal round cake pan (top layer)
* Glittery ribbon (from Michael's Craft Store)
* The Topper: a coat hanger pulled straight and different color card stock and scrapbook paper
* 2 miniature roses on each side (from Sam's club)

Here is my father's cake:

Materials used:
* Drinks (different kinds of bottled beer)
* Same pizza trays and cake pan as used above
* Same ribbon from above
* On the bottom we placed a round ice cream bucket in the middle (as I didn't have enough beer) as a filler. I wrapped it in birthday themed wrapping paper.
* I added #60 themed wrapped candy around the bottom and middle layer
* Not pictured: the same #60 topper used above

No comments:

Post a Comment