April 8, 2014

DIY Play Makeup (using nail polish)

When I'm in the bathroom putting on my makeup my three-year-old daughter is right beside me getting into things and pretending to do her makeup along side me. 


Start out with an empty and cleaned out eyeshadow case. 
I bought one for $1.00 at the dollar store over the weekend. I used a pair of tweezers to get the eye shadow out and then cleaned it up with a baby wipe. If you have a empty case sitting around you could use that as well. I do not wear makeup all that much so it would take me a long time to get an empty case for her.
 I also picked up a new makeup brush for $1.00 as well.
 
Next, carefully pour different colors of nail polish into the compartments. 


Let the nail polish dry completely....
just be be on the safe side I put the case up on a high shelf and left it for 48 hours. 

My daughter loves it! 
And I love that when we are in a hurry to get out the door she doesn't have smeared purple eyeshadow all over her cheeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment