April 14, 2014

Pipe Cleaners and a Strainer


Here is an quick (and only cost me just over $2 to throw together) activity for your toddler to help with their fine motor skills! My three-year-old daughter loves to do this activity.

I paid $1 for the assorted multicolored pipe cleaners at the dollar store and $1 for the cute little Betty Crocker strainer at the dollar store. Both fit nicely into a gallon size zip top baggie for storage.

Introduction: I showed my daughter how to stick the pipe cleaner into the holes on the strainer and then stood back to watch her at play.

This fine motor activity kept her busy for over 30 minutes! That is a lot of time on one activity for a three-year-old all by themselves. She often requests to do this activity and still spends quite a bit of time working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment