April 17, 2014

Magnetic Tray Activities

I am not a huge fan of having lots of things plastered all over my refrigerator. So when I came across using cookie sheets as a magnetic board I was sold! Here are some of the ways we use cookie sheets....other than to make delicious treats on!

Note: I purchased these very inexpensive cookie sheets from the dollar store! That's right...I only paid $1 a cookie sheet!

Magnetic Pompom Matching Games:

You can make your own sheets or do a quick search online for these pages. After printing the pages off I laminated them to make sure they could withstand lots of use. Next I purchased multicolored fuzzy pompom balls (also from the dollar store....can you tell I love it there?). I also bought a package of 3 of the large zip top type baggies from the dollar store to store the whole thing in. Makes for an easy cleanup and organizing! Next I purchased a roll of magnetic tape from Micheal's Craft Store. I didn't use the whole roll but now I have it for other projects! I cut to size and hot glued the magnetic strips right onto the underside of the pompom balls! Super easy. My daughter can "play" for a long time with these! It works on matching, fine motor skills, placement, and so much more! P.S. I do not recommend these for under age 3 as the balls and magnetic pieces can be choking materials.


Barnyard Animal Match-Ups:

I got this magnetic barn and animals from the local consignment shop for less than $4. Here is a link to one online if you want to purchase or wish to know more about the barnyard toy. 


LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet:

I also found this one at the local consignment shop and paid around $4 for it. I've also found them at garage sales and on online consignment websites. Here is a link to one online for more information. 


Magnetic Alphabet Letter Match-Up:

My daughter got a package of these alphabet letters in her Christmas stocking from a relative this past year. I kept trying to figure out what to do with them and then decided on this. I took a piece of plain white printer paper and traced the letters in alphabetical order for her to match up. Then I laminated the sheet of paper so it could also get a lot of use. Next plan to trace the letters of her first and last name so she can practice matching those up! Recommended for ages 3 and up as some of the letters are small enough that a little one could choke on them.


Do you do anything fun or different using cookie sheets? I'd love to see what you have come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment