May 8, 2014

DIY Fine Motor Development Activity



A couple months back I made this fun game for my daughter to play. She loves it and plays with it at least once a week or more. I like it because it helps her to develop her fine motor skills as well as matching and eye-hand coordination to name a few.

Materials I used:
* A clean, empty Pringles can
* Fuzzy pompom balls (I got in a package from the Dollar Tree)
* Chinese chopsticks for beginners (I got from a Chinese restaurant we dined at, I asked the waiter if we could take two....they said yes as they were just going to dispose of them after we left)
* Scrapbook paper (to wrap around the Pringles can)
* Tape or glue (for the scrapbook paper)


And that's it folks! So simple to make and easy to play!


And one of my favorite parts (as I love organization) is that all the pieces store nicely inside the container! 



My three year old daughter loves picking up colors one at a time. For example she will pick up all the yellow pompoms, then all the orange ones, then the green....and so on and so forth until they are all picked up and placed back into the Pringles can.

If I play with her we will race to see who can pick up their colors the quickest.

Note: The pompoms are a choking hazard for little ones so supervision is needed if you think your child may put them in their month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment