May 9, 2014

DIY Color Recognition & Color Matching Activities

DIY Paint Chip Color Activity: 

I made for my soon-to-be-preschooler to help her practice color recognition and matching same colors and shades.


Materials Used:
* 2 of each color paint chips (ex. 2 reds, 2 oranges, 2 yellows, etc)
* Clothes pins (I bought a package at the Dollar Tree.... I love that place!)
* Hot glue (to glue the paint chip to the clothes pin)
* Scissors (to cut one sheet of paint chips)
* Zip top baggie (for storage) 


And that is it! I took a few minutes of me demonstrating to my daughter how to match the color shades before she caught on....Now she is a pro!


DIY Construction Paper-Object Match Up Activity:


Materials Used:
* Construction paper (I used red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, and white).
* Objects or toys around the house.
* A basket to place your gathered items in....have your child sort these items by placing the object on the paper that matches the color on the object.


Several objects had multiple colors on them. After discussing with my daughter the different colors on the object we concluded the color that was most present/visible on that object was the same color construction paper she placed the object on.

Note: Since the first time she did this match up activity I wrote the name of the color on the corresponding construction paper sheet. Then I laminated it! Have I ever mentioned how much I love my laminator! Best invention ever for a stay-at-home-mom and in-home-childcare-provider!

No comments:

Post a Comment