February 17, 2014

Color Recognition


My soon-to-be sister-in-law called me up one day to share with me that the store she managed at had a bunch of cute teacher supplies on sale. She took a few pictures with her phone and messaged them to me. At the prices they were marked down to and with how cute they were (even though I did not have a plan for them yet) I was sold! I asked her to pick me up one of each item and paid her upon delivery....Yep! She's that awesome!

It took me a few months to figure out what to do with these sets of cute crayons. One day I decided to take a matching marker and write the name of each crayon on it. I then took a pen and outlined the word to really make it "pop". I then asked my daughter if she wanted to "color" things around the house with me. The game was to match the color of the crayon with the colors in the house. I had her pick a color from the pile and off we went room to room looking for the same color items. She loved it.

About once a week she will take these crayons out and go around all on her own pretending to color around the house. It was so easy to make and has provided endless hours of fun and education. Here is a website where you can print off your own crayon and color it in.

Note: After a few times of use I decided to laminate them as I started to see a little bit of wear on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment