February 15, 2014

Don't Get Burned!




It took me less than ten minutes to make this flat iron cover! It is two pot holders stacked together and sewn along three sides then sewn down the middle. I picked them up at Walgreen's for around $2 for both. I use this homemade flat iron cover every day that I flat iron my hair. I worry about leaving a hot iron on the counter (even if unplugged) as it is cooling with little kids around. Though I keep a very close eye on my kids I am not taking the chance! It was really easy to make (even for this sewing machine beginner!) When I am heating the flat iron or placing it on the counter in between flat ironing I open the cover all the way up and use it to lie the flat iron on (pictured below). For another way to make a diy flat iron cover go here.









No comments:

Post a Comment