February 13, 2014

Valentine Love!


For an extra special Valentine gift for our children's grandparents and great-grandparents we made heart hand prints with a cute poem! They turned out beautiful! My three-year-old daughters hand print is the pink one and the red one belongs to my eight-month-old son! The look on his face when I painted his hand red was priceless! 

Here is how we made them....

Materials used:
* Computer and printer....to type the poem and print it .... but you could handwrite it as well!
* Paper ... we just used printer paper.... but you could use any paper you desire!
* Paint ... we used acrylic paint in red and pink ... again use any kind or color you want to!
* Paint brush ... I used a sponge paint brush
* Heart shaped "sticker" ... I used blue painters tape that I cut to the size I wanted. I made my daughters heart a little bigger than my son's as he has smaller hands right now!
* Newspaper .... to put underneath for easy clean up! 
* Picture frame..if you want to make it a little more special.


Above is a picture of the paper with my daughters hand print (before we added my sons hand print). And below is a picture picture after we added his hand print.


It's important to let the paint dry all the way before peeling the heart sticker off as the paint could bleed and ruin the heart shape!

Here is the poem we used:
This isn't just any handprint
as you can plainly see.
For it is a special handprint
made by me!
Along with this handprint
we send lots of hugs
and kisses your way.
And we hope you have 
a fantastic Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment