February 13, 2014

Valentine Treats

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! So this past week with the help of my daughter we have been putting together treat bags for family and close friends. I like to combine store bought with homemade so it has an extra special touch. This year I found these cute little zip-top heart baggies from the dollar store. There were 48 little bags so I was sold at just $1! I also picked up some candy during one of our visits to the grocery store. We had left over princess themed Valentine cards from last year so we decided to use those up instead of buying new or making our own this year.


Materials used:
* Small zip-top baggies (ours came from the dollar store)
* Assorted candy
* Valentine cards (we stuck them inside the bags with the candy)
* Colored paper (I used construction paper but you could use card-stock or something similar)
* Scrapbook paper (Valentine themed)
* Curling/gift wrapping ribbon (I used pink but use whatever color you want)
* Glue stick
* Stapler
* Pen, marker, or crayons (to write child's name)
* Scissors (to cut paper to size and cut out heart shaped "window")
* Hole punch


We can't wait to hand them out to our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment